Wednesday, April 15, 2009

We are alive!?!


Ok, here is the run down of the past 3 weeks. (and I am SO making this shorter than it really is)
* Devin had a seizure in our driveway and was hospitalized for 4 days
* I was in the ER twice cuz I have been sick for 4 months w/nausea & vomiting
* ER found a UTI, kidney stone, & a 5 cm cyst on my woman parts :)
* Dad in the hospital for 5 days from having a heart attack
* Dog died
* Van still in shop & don't have the $2300 to fix it
* Computer crashed (working now thanks to wonderful brother!!)
* Devin back in hospital for 3 days w/spinal headaches from spinal tap from previous stay
* Surgery for me to remove cyst & endometriosis
* Devin back in ER AGAIN b/c of spinal headaches
* Devin gets fired from job b/c by law when someone has a seizure you can't drive for 3 months (I guess boss man didn't like that so much)
* Emmy w/strep throat, & thought Ryker broke his wrist (he's ok, tennis elbow is what they called it?)
Um, I'm pretty sure I am leaving out several things. These are just the main ones I can remember. :)
Now having said that; here are some other things: WE
* Live next door to the fire station and had medics on the scene in 2 min to care for Devin when he had his seizure
* Are part of an AMAZING ward! There were 2 members @ my house w/in minutes of Devins seizure, taking care of kids & me, and made sure the Bishop met us at the hospital, we have had more meals brought in then I can remember, they have babysat kids, tried :) to come over and clean house, stopped by and dropped of cookies, homemade bread, extra food, & even flyers for ward activities so we would still feel like a part of the ward
* Have nieces that stayed at my house for almost 3 days to take care of my kids while I was at the hospital w/Devin
* FAMILY that loves us, prays for us, cares for us, helps us, and is there every second that we need them
* Sisters that did Easter baskets for all 8 of my kids, babysat, sent texts to check and make sure I hadn't killed myself :), called, bought groceries, cleaned, been forgiving when Devins in the hospital and I miss my baby sisters bridal shower, driven long distances just to bring me a smoothie and a movie
* Brothers that fix things and help with problems, like taking care of a dead dog (cuz I'm at the hospital w/Devin), fix broken things, let crazy sister/sister in law cry and babble like an idiot, and even watch 8 kids!
* A future sister in law that has babysat, been supportive & loving & even helped save our other dog from dying
* A Mom that for some unknown reason, has not dropped dead from unbelievable stress and been there to help, have a shoulder to cry on, stay with kids, clean house, take grand kids to Chucky Cheese, and SO much more
* A Dad who runs over to help with kids, or sell things so we have money to live on, is there to provide love & support & administer blessings to us
* And I have a husband who despite the fact he has been in & out of the hospital, & is still suffering w/horrible headaches, has taken amazing care of me & the kids while I have been down. He is Mr.Mom, cleaning, cooking, doing ALL the laundry, dishes, dirty diapers, baths, grocery shopping (even though hes not supposed to be driving!), playing with the kids, taking care of sick kids while I was down, rearanging my kitchen so it functions better, moping, more dirty diapers & lovingly letting me cry on his shoulder and telling me it will all be ok

I could literally go on & on & on & on; but the point is, This has been one heck of a ride!!! I adopted the motto about a year ago, "What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger" Well, right now I could freakin kick Wonder Womans butt!!! Although I have spent hours bawling my brains out and wondering when it's going to end, I have seen the Lords hand in ever step of this crazy time in our lives. I am so blessed to live where I live, have the family & friends that I have, and have the Gospel in my life. I know the Lord watches over all of us, and even in our darkest moments when we feel like the world is crashing down on top of us, He is still there and He allows us to go through these things because it does make us stronger and better people. So I am actually grateful for the things I have had to endure. It has brought me closer to all those around me, I have learned and grown so much, & I am closer to my Father in Heaven. I don't know where I would be with out all of those things!

13 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Seriously--that's a lot to go through in a year's time...or even a lifetime! I hope things continue to come together for you as you keep seeing the blessings. Any reason for Devin's seizures? You guys must have some major huge blessing on the horizon!

Renée said...

Wow! Your attitude is amazing. You help me to put things into perspective. Thanks for sharing and hope things improve. Love ya

Michelle said...

You are great!! I am so glad that things are going okay. I am really mad that you didn't call and let the girls come over and play. I really am I dunno if we can still be friends!!! Jk you know I am kidding. YOu are truely blessed with family that is amazing what a blessing. Please let me know if I can help!!

Crystal said...

That shouldn't have made me cry, considering how I already knew all that, right? Oh well. Sure love you, Sister-Friend!

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

WOW!! Talk about the trials of JOB!!! HaHa!! I hope things get better for you all.

maelynn said...

Wow.
I'm speechless.
That is SO much to deal with!
I DO know that you are an AMAZING family though.
I don't know where you live now, but how can we help you? Really.
Things can only go up from there, right? ☺
Keep up the positive spirit!

ginger said...

holy freak woman! i am so sorry it has been so crazy for you guys. I hope it can only get better... right?! :)
i'm getting induced on the 28th...so 13 more days!! woohoo. it's gonna get crazy :)miss you guys.

Tiffany said...

WhEW! I love you and I am glad you have the attitude you do! You are an amazing example! I wish I was there to help you more and haven't been such a looser sister! I guess when ever I would check with mom it is like her and amanda and your other sister in laws always had it covered so I guess I thought I would be to much! So Sorry! Love you and I'm glad you have such a strong spirit!

buddyandsarahaws said...

Okay, that sounds crazy! Sorry about all the sickness. I'm sure it will be over soon. What a blessing for family and friends!

Linda said...

I am amazed! You are a wonderful woman for so many reasons! Just reading your life puts mine into a beter perspective, which helps me deal with my own struggles better.
You are still going and have a good outlook on it. Thank goodnes for the Gospel and the strength it gives us.
That's my little stick to help prop you up.

Marie said...

Oh my goodness what a crazy few weeks you've had! I am so glad that you are all doing better. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Victor and Annette said...

WOW! What can I say.. You are in our prayers!

The Fears said...

my money is on you, now wonder woman! Girl i hope the clouds clear up and the sun starts shining for you guys. you are in our prayers. I am glad you have an awesome family and ward, I know you are taken care of. miss you guys.