Now that Christmas is over I am going to have to spend the next few weeks catching up on my blogging! On The 19th Emberlyn & Liberty had their Christmas dance recital. It was really cute! Their teacher works so hard with them. They all wore their jammies and did 2 numbers. One of which was "I got chicken pox for Christmas" (explaining the red dots on their face). It was Libertys first "performance" and I was worried if she would participate, but she did GREAT! As long as she didn't get sidetracked watching the twins play, she did a good job keeping up with the other girls. They both love being in dance and it is so fun to go and watch all the progress they have made!
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Posted by Kristina at 7:02 PM
Monday, December 24, 2007
Posted by Kristina at 8:15 AM
Friday, December 14, 2007
On Monday December 3rd we went to the Temple with my family to look at the lights. We haven't been in a long time, so we really enjoyed it. Inside the visitors center they have nativity scenes from around the world that you walk through and look at; I would recommend taking a min. to do that if you are there. They are beautiful and amazing, and so fun so see the different cultures displayed through nativity scenes. Here are some fun pictures we stopped to take before we headed to Mom & Dads for hot chocolate and WAY too many goodies!
Cassie & her favorite sister!
Tiffany, Piper, MaKenna & Mike
James & Amanda
Jeremiah, Cassie, Tiff & Piper
(don't think Tiffany was supposed to be in that one!)
Dad & Mom
Posted by Kristina at 6:41 AM
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Here is a list of the junk I have in my house right now!
* cookie candy
* candied popcorn
* chocolate mint brownies
* rice crispy treats
* cinnamon rolls (oops, not any more, just had the last one)
* peanut brittle
* banana bread
I LOVE the holidays, but for heaven sakes gaining 10lbs. just might not be worth it! The biggest problem is that you wouldn't believe what weird kids I have....they haven't touched hardly any of it! They wouldn't even TRY the peanut brittle! They would probably eat the banana bread over all of it! Guess who that leaves to consume all the goodies! YUP, the prego lady! Oh well, guess I better enjoy it b/c come March all the feasting on the goodies comes to a rapid halt and it's hello diet, yet again! (story of my life!!)
Posted by Kristina at 12:32 PM
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Who ever says that your too old to annoy your mother, is greatly mistaken! My brother Jeremiah left for Utah last month (he's back now, thank goodness!) so of course my mom wanted to take about 100 pictures of her kids together. Pretty much one of our most favorite things to do, is to draw this out for about an hour, which is how long it takes for all of us to quit making faces, and actually get one good picture. (I think 1/2 of them got deleted and I didn't even put all of them on here!) No worries though, even though it gets a bit annoying, my mom is cracking up the whole time! (although our husbands don't quite find the humor in this, which only makes it even funnier!!) I really do love my brothers and sisters though! Somehow I missed the funny jean, but that's what I have them for because they seriously crack me up! Until 2 years ago everyone but Tiffany, and Jacob (off and on) lived in Arkansas. So I really enjoy every minute I get to spend with them! We always have a good time and I am so glad I don't have to be without them anymore!
Posted by Kristina at 7:40 AM
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Posted by Kristina at 12:17 PM
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Posted by Kristina at 8:54 AM
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Posted by Kristina at 10:33 AM
Friday, November 23, 2007
Here are just some fun pictures. We watched MaKenna and Piper Halloween weekend and everyone had so much fun. Then we have Mr. Brigham enjoying some chocolate ice cream and finally Brinley trying on my wig that I wore for Halloween. I figured that I have this blog that I use for my journal, so I really should take the time to write afew things I am thankful for.
Posted by Kristina at 5:12 AM
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Posted by Kristina at 10:38 AM
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
I've been tagged by my sister in law Crystal...this is a new one!
5 things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Learning about a new baby!
2. Enjoying not having to go to work everyday (not that babies aren't work, but I'd much rather be at home than have to go to a job everyday!!)
3. Getting ready for Thanksgiving and looking forward to my family coming to spend Christmas with us in our SUPER tiny duplex!
4. Watching the new show ER w/Devin every week
5. Serving as the Laurel advisor in our ward even though I was only 19!! Yikes that was awkward!! (Especially when I wasn't thinking what T-shirt I had on when I had to drop by one of the girls house and she said, "oh my gosh, did you graduate in 96'? I almost died cuz I had done a good job at keeping my age a secret!!)
5 things on my To-Do list today:
1. Get Devin to hang the bathroom door before his family comes for Thanksgiving
2. TONS of cleaning before Thursday!
3. Finish my Christmas cards
4. Finish painting down the hallway
5. Decorate my new bathroom! (that's a post for another day!!)
5 snacks I enjoy: (this is right now, it might be totally different in 2 weeks!)
1. DONUTS (that actually never changes, but I only allow myself to super enjoy them when I am prego!) The donut holes from Wal-Mart are the BEST!!
3. granola bars
4. peaches & cottage cheese
5. hot chocolate (ok, ch. milk most of the time cuz it's tooooo dang hot!!)
5 songs I know the lyrics to:
1. Seriously I don't know if I know 100% of any lyrics!!
5 things I would never wear again:
1. a PERM (I do think never is an awfully strong word cuz I know 20 years from now I will read this and be cracking up cuz I am "wearing" just that!
2. leggings tucked into my socks (that one is a definite!)
3. My bangs ratted and sticking STRAIT up; my Dad used to ask if I stood against the wall and sprayed them so they would stand up like that. HAHA
4. dresses that button from top to bottom; usually with little lace along the bottom
5. ANY 80's/90's maternity clothes YIKES!!
5 of my favorite toys:
1. Any gaming station; usually racing games against Devin
2. ANY of my fun scrapbooking stuff......ok, truth be told, I don't have any fun scrapbooking stuff, it's all my sisters, so I guess the real answer is my sisters fun scrapbooking stuff!
3. My kids....that sounds funny, but really you can't ask for much more entertainment!
4. Devins truck. I have always loved trucks and his is pretty sweet!
5. Any games that we play when we get together w/my siblings.....they definitely make it fun!
I tag everyone, but especially Michelle (both), Crystal Cummard & Saralyn
Posted by Kristina at 6:28 PM
Posted by Kristina at 8:02 AM
Monday, November 12, 2007
** she is a great cook and has always enjoyed cooking & baking for us
** I love that she has found her true love and is living her happy ever after
** She loves kids about as much as I do (and I can't wait for her to have her own!!)
** She has many talents and isn't afraid to share them
** She is the only daughter in our family to have gone to College....go girl!
** She is always happy to help anyone with anything and is very giving of her time
** I love that she loves to laugh (shes like me; it doesn't take much to get her goin')
I love you Amanda and am so blessed to have your giving example in my life. Thank you for all that you do!!
Posted by Kristina at 5:20 PM
Friday, November 9, 2007
Posted by Kristina at 12:48 PM
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Every year we get together with the Tietjens for our annual Pinata bust; it is my kids favorite party of the year! My sister in law makes tons of pinatas and all the kids (I think there is over 50?) get to take their turn trying to bust it open. When we are all done the kids each get a bag of candy that we put together ahead of time. It really is a lot of fun, and one of my kids favorite parts of Halloweeen. We were REALLY sad this year that I had to take 1/2 the family and leave my sick Devin home with sick kids! :( Devin, Emmy & Brigham were all home with the stomach flu and we really missed them. Especially because this was the twins 1st year to get to take a turn. I guess they will be really good at it next year!
Posted by Kristina at 2:25 PM
Saturday, October 27, 2007
I really love my ward! We had our Trunk or Treat tonight (sorry, no pictures cuz I wasn't 100% done with all the costumes, but I will be on Wednesday!!) and we had a great turn out, yummy food, and fun games for the kids to play. I have realized how different things are when you have a ginormous family like I do.....when we had 3 & 4 kids, I knew EVERYONE in our ward, had tons of friends, went and did tons of things and was really sociable. Now, life with 7, is way different. I probably only know about 1/2 the people in my ward, which makes me insanely sad. (it's so bad...I don't even think I know who all my kids Primary teachers are.....yikes!) I am soooooo busy with my kids that my social life has been on the back burner for quite some time. Not that I can't live w/out a huge personal life....it's not like that. I just miss knowing everyone and having things to talk about with lots of people. Hopefully now that I have older kids to help corral the younger ones, I can start getting to know people better. But, besides all that, we really do have a great ward, with lots of really neat people and I love it!! Hmmmm.......maybe Michelle will be a pal and send me some of the pictures she took :)
Posted by Kristina at 10:53 PM