Saturday, November 6, 2010

SheRa or SheDevil???

I think this is how every Mother wishes her kids thought about her.....NO I don't mean bc she has a rockin bod, although that WOULD be nice; I'm talking about the Mom that can do it all, bake bread from scratch, hem a pair of pants, iron every piece of clothing so every one always looks presentable, never gets angry, and is able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Unfortunately lately I feel like my kids see me like this:
For years off and on I feel like everything is chocolate and roses unless Mom is around, because my kids mean old mom is the one who makes them do chores and clean their room and pick up after themselves. When mean mom isn't around its full on play time but when she shows up it's NO fun!
Today I have had enough of being MEAN MOM; I'm tired of being the bad guy, I'm tired of my kids thinking "none of my other friends have to do all this" I just can't take it anymore. I can't stand leaving for afew hours, everyone doing whatever they want and then I get back and I can see it on their faces "GREAT, play time is over" Why can't they just learn that all I'm asking is that they keep up with their responsibilities and there is NOTHING I want more than for them to go and have fun and enjoy life....they just need to get the not fun stuff out of the way 1st and then have at it!!!
SO my kids are in for a very interesting week this next week. I have thought about going on strike, not lifting a finger and see how much they like being here after 2 days of filth piled up, problem with that is that I babysit other peoples kids and I cannot have them showing up to pick up their kids and have crap everywhere! So the plan is the exact opposite.....I'm going to do EVERYTHING!! I'm letting them know, there is no more chores, no more responsibilities, just FUN FUN FUN all the time!!
I wonder how tired I will be? I wonder how much energy I will have to take kids to their friends house, or go to the store and buy milk, or even be awake enough at the end of the night to sign those last min papers they need signatures on?? This ought to be quite interesting! I wonder after a week of Mom not having a ounce of energy from doing ALL the work around here if they MIGHT decide it would in fact be MORE enjoyable around here if we all pitch in?? I wonder??

4 comments:

Chels said...

haha I remember my mom doing somthing similar to this and how incredibly GUILTY it made us kids, well, at least me I can't exactly speak for the the others, but I felt guilty thats for sure, and then when you'd try to help she wouldn't let you and make you feel even worse. Then she'd do a Home Evening on what it means to be part of a Family using the previous days to demonstrate how ONE person can't be left holding the bag. SO, maybe your little experiment will find similar results and shine some light on that you're not being mean, but teaching them to be responsible people and part of a family! Good Luck!

Kristina said...

Oh my gosh that made me feel SO much better about it!! Devin thinks it wont work very well and I thought that exactly; at least if they don't get the "no energy" concept at least maybe it will make them feel guilty enough to want to help out!! Your the best girl!!

Marci McLain said...

I want to know how it goes!! Good Luck!

Tiffany said...

I think your shooting yourself in the foot! Good luck though can't wait to hear the end result! Ya you won't have energy to do things for them but why would they care if they can go play all day outside with friends that live right there. Good luck girl! :)