Monday, May 21, 2007

Mothers Day 2007




Ok, sorry it is taking so long in between posts! Life is crazy right now. I know this is a bit late, but I wanted to put in my thoughts about Mothers Day this year. (my Dad made the babies balloon hats to keep them entertained; aren't they cute!!)

Of course I had the best mothers day. Devin didn't have any meetings which was fantastic and I got to sleep in and the whole 9 yards. Then my family came over for dinner which I always love. Devin BBQ steaks for everyone and they were delicious! We had a great time giving my mom her gifts and finding out that Jacob is going to start culinary school in September to do cakes!! Yipeee! Were so excited!

I have found myself lately being more and more grateful for this beautiful family that I have been given. I wouldn't change anything about my life! This is the life that I have always dreamed of--really! Craziness and all! I look at my kids every day and think, how did I get so blessed? What did I do to deserve these special sweet children? My biggest fear in life (besides loosing one of them) is that somehow I will fail them. Have I loved them enough? Have I kissed them enough? Have I laughed with them enough? Have I taught them about their Savior enough?While my boys were at Fathers and Sons my boys one night were talking to Devin and told him that they met a boy that didn't have a mom (divorced) and how sad it was that the boy didn't have a mom. I thought to myself, "I sure hope that they think I am a mom worth having around" I adore my kids and pray every day that I will give them all that they need. So Kudos to all of the moms; it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 2 or 10, it is the hardest job on earth, but it is worth every minute of it!!

2 comments:

Sar said...

Ditto on your mom post! I love being a mom too! Congrats to Jacob! I'm jealous! Culinary arts will be so fun!

Tiffany said...

AMEN to that!! You are a great mom and I really look up to you!! It's a joy for all of us to be mothers!:)