Sunday, September 26, 2010

IRONY

While I was finishing laundry at 2am this morning thinking about the day I had just survived and what a great blog entry it would make, I laughed out loud when I remembered the last thing I posted about. How ironic it was that I wasn't too happy about being a mom that day, but my last post was all about the JOY I find in being a mom!
I survived yet another, "why do I have boys like this when it seems like everyone else has theese sweet little boys that the worst thing they do is play in the mud" day!! I know there were a few little things Brigham went to time out for that I just can't even remember, but the main ones were for things like finding him in the boys bedroom closet with a pair of scissors clipping the strings on Hunters bow for his violin, AFTER he went to the bathroom he "i didn't put a toy in the toilet mom, thats whats not in there" and flushed it a dozen times until it flooded, AND to top it all off while I was running an errand and the older boys were babysitting Brigham climed up the shelves in a closet and found black and NEON green craft paint and I found him pouring it ALL over the carpet in his room. When Devin saw it he even said he didn't think it was gonna be THAT bad!! Actually that wasn't even the straw that broke the camels back; THAT straw would have been when I was gone picking up Devin from school and returning a school book and found out that Hunter packed his back pack and LEFT on his bike because he was mad that I yelled when  I saw the craft paint on the carpet.
So I couldn't sleep at all last night and into the morning, so I cleaned and thought, folded laundry and thought, showered and thought, and still no sleep came because the thoughts of the day kept me wondering WHY? I am usually not one to ask "why me" when we are going through financial hard times, or sickness, or other trials that life throws at us, but when it comes to my mischievious little boys I find myself asking WHY ME a lot! Why do other people have these adorable little boys who sit and color sweetly, or play with their dump trucks in the sand, and whose biggest offense in their little life is to strip down in the back yard and play in the mud? Why do I get all the boys who climb shelves to get a brand new 5 pack of kodak film and fling it around until every roll is fully exposed (can you tell I'm using stories from YEARS ago?)
Devin always tells me when I'm overly stressed that I was "blessed" with these challenges because if someone else was blessed with these kids they would seriously probably kill them. That doesn't really make me feel much better BUT I think deep down I know he is right. I think kids are born with so much of their personalities, or at least I tell myself that so I can sleep thinking I didn't train them to be this way :)

I love my kids I really do, for as much as they drive me nutso, they make me smile, make me laugh and help me learn new things all the time; most of the time things about myself.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Children who get into everything want to experience every part of life. They have enthusiasm and curiosity. And, those things mean they're smart. They were sent to your family because you are just the right person to help guide their enthusiasm and curiosity in the just the right way for their personalities to understand. Some day, these are the experiences that you'll look back on and you can tell the younger moms, "That's nothing! You should hear what *insert child's name* did when s/he was that age!" It will be a great way for them to gain perspective. :)