Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The JOY

She has the perfect beautiful green eyes, the most amazing shade of stunning long blond hair, I mean the color women pay hundreds of dollars for, she has perfect heart shaped lips, and her laughter can light up the whole room. There is something to be said about the innocence and beauty of a little child and the quiet moments I get to spend with my precious baby's fills my life with JOY! As I sat and snuggled with Liberty while she sounded out words in a book, using all her knowledge and ability to try and read the words on the pages, I was in awe of her beauty and the love I have for her. I wish I could bottle her up and keep her this way forever. Never to see her get her heart broken, never see her struggle, never see her get sick, but just the pure Joy that she exudes forever and ever. I love being a mom, it's all I ever wanted to do in this life and no amount of stress, no illness, and no zero in the bank account can change any of that. These precious little moments fill my life with so much Joy, I wonder why I ever spend any time being sad or stressed or angry. What a wonderful gift I have been given and through others trials, especially those of friends going through severe illness and even grieving for a lost loved one, I am reminded of the Joy that fills my life.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Beautiful post, and beautiful girl. You are such an amazing mother!