Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3 weeks and counting




Today I got a call at 8:30 am with Devin letting me know he was coming home today! I was thrilled and got up and immediately started getting the house cleaned spotless and got showered and looking pretty for my hubby. I waited and waited and waited for the call letting me know he was ready to go. I checked in with him a couple times and he said it was just taking a while because he had to be on IV antibiotics for another week so they were making arrangements for a nurse to come to the house every day and give him the medicine or else he would have to stay in the hospital. About 5:30 I got a call from Devin; a very upset and frustrated Devin. He asked me to hurry and come down to the hospital because it looked like they were going to make him stay for the next week instead of let him come home. Long story short, the insurance company is putting up a fight and not wanting to cover a nurse coming to the house to give him the meds. Which makes NO sense because it is WAY cheaper to pay a nurse to come in once a day vs. staying at the hospital!!! One Dr came in and said he was good to go and everything had been worked out, then 20 min later another person came in and let us know that in fact things were not worked out and wouldn't be until tomorrow. It was horrible........we had both been excited all day long for him to be home so it was like a huge punch in the gut! So here I am all by myself for 21 days in a row! I miss my hubby and my kids are really missing their daddy! We are just praying that everything will work out tomorrow and he will be home with us finally!!

4 comments:

Cassie Jae said...

that is so lame!! :[

Cassie Jae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Team Caldwell said...

now don't go thinking this is a sign as to how crappy a military sepeartion would be! its different. you have a stressor that you have to go back and worth with all the time!When they are gone gone its waaaaay easier! :) hang in there lady. You are super mom remember?! There's no crying in baseball ;)

The Fears said...

that is a very big let down. sorry he couldn't be home with you guys. You guys are in our prayers. Lots of love to you and your family.