Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lots of new things

We are coming the end of our spring break and I'm really bummed that the kids are going back to school tomorrow! We had a lot of fun together, despite having to listen to fighting allllllll the time! ;)

We did more this past week together than we have in a long time. We went to the park Monday with my parents and the Twilleys, Tuesday we rented movies and played all day, Wednesday morning we met up with some super great friends at the park that I haven't seen in 7 years (I will never let it be that long again!) then went to Bounce U, which we will be visiting again soon because we had a blast!! Thursday I ran errands and we cleaned cleaned cleaned and Friday we spent the day with my sister and her girls having lunch, touring the mall and going to the movies to see The Chipmunks (was lacking on the amount of songs, but it was still cute)

Scattered in there was Dr's appts for Devin which went really well. He is starting to get back to normal, still on about 4 meds, but is up a lot more and feels like things are somewhat getting back to normal. It's so nice to feel like we have our Dad back. His gastro Dr came in the room at his appt and said, "I really didn't expect to see you ever again. When I sent you off to surgery I really didn't think you were gonna make it" WOW that really makes you stop and think! It really affected Devin because I was there going through all of it and he was asleep the whole time, so he doesn't really get what it was like and how serious it was. He feels very blessed and grateful for every ones prayers. I reacted different because even though I was very stressed out, I knew the whole time that he was going to be ok. The thought crept into my mind once, "oh my gosh, what if he dies" but it was quickly replaced with a peaceful feeling that I need not worry and he would be fine. I'm so happy we are on the downhill side now!!!!

2 comments:

Renée said...

So glad things are going well and you had a great spring break. :)

Renée said...

Love ya!