Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy 10th Birthday Austin!





I can't even believe that I have a 10 year old!!! I feel so.....OLD!! AHHHH! I watch Brigham and he is so much like Austin that it makes me feel like it wasn't that long ago when Austin was running around getting into trouble! He is such a great kid and such a wonderful help to me. Here are some things I want to remember about Austin right now.
** He ADORES his brother Brigham and loves that Brigg loves him so much
** He is doing really good in school and is amazing at Math & Science
** He is so much like his Dad! He loves to watch the same shows; How it's Made, Myth Busters, Modern Marvels, Dirty Jobs......I could go on and on (did I mention TV is one of his favorite past times!)
** He will sit for hours and hours building things w/his Legos; I never see him!
** He is really good about getting his chores done and anytime I ask him to do anything he jumps right to it!
** I guess 10 is the age when they start realizing that Mom doesn't live on Red Bull and everything doesn't magically get done! The morning of his Birthday he came downstairs and saw all the cupcakes on the counter for his class and asked, "Mom, how early did you have to get up to do all this?" I told him I didn't get up real early, I just stayed up last night. "Did you stay up allllll night?" "no, just a little bit late" That was followed by his bear grip hug and , "thanks mom for all you are doing for me" I almost cried! Finally, after 10 years, some recognition; I loved it!!
** He loves going to scouts, playing w/his friends, driving the golf cart & loves having his own room and his own space. Life with 6 siblings can get a bit crowded and I'm glad he has some space of his own.
Thanks Austin, for filling our lives with joy over the past 10 years. You have brought so much love & laughter into our lives and I appreciate all that you do to be a good son!

3 comments:

Team Caldwell said...

How wonderful is he?! I think Heavenly Father makes precious moments in our lives so that we can make through the little years. Otherwise no child would make it to 10! I admire you and your family.

Michelle said...

How sweet!! I can only imagine what my boys will be like. You have raised some great kids!!

Hollie said...

You are soo sweet! It is nice when our children recognize what we do for them every so often! :)