Monday, February 11, 2008

Finally Devin all to myself!






















So I am the BIGGEST believer in husbands and wives getting away together, alone, without kids, at least once a year. Unfourtunately life gets in the way and this isn't always possible. I have been DYING to get a quick little vaca with my sweetheart. We have done pretty good about going somewhere about once a year, but since the twins were born havn't managed to get away; until now! :) For Christmas my wonderful parents gave us $$ for a hotel and a gift card to the Olive Garden and told us they would watch our kids so we could go somewhere for the weekend. PLUS, two years ago for Christmas our awsome friends the Allens, gave us a gift certificate to the Marriott hotels that we never used. So, on Devins Birthday we had the kids all packed up and distributed them to my sisters and mom and off we went for some R & R in Flagstaff. We got to stay for 2 nights & we were so lazy! It was awsome! We did drive to the Grand Canyon, which I didn't even know that Devin had never been, so that was fun! The weather was geourgeous and we just absolutly enjoyed hanging out together. We are pretty good about going on dates, but thats still not the same b/c then then whole night is, "oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about this with school or work or finances"--not always the funnest topics of conversation. But when you are gone for awhile like that you get finished with all that mumbo jumbo and actually get to talk about "stuff", stupid stuff, silly stuff, non-important stuff, or even conversations that you don't normally get to have. I remembered why I love getting away with him like that! I feel like I met my boyfriend all over again! We talked and talked and talked and the most amazing thing happened, never once were we inturupted by "mom, dad, mom, dad; I need, I need, I need" Don't get me wrong, I adore my kids, and I worry about them while I am away (not for their safety as much as the sanity for the person who is watching them!) but it is so important that we never forget about our sweet compainion and that all of this started out with him! I love my hubby to pieces and I was SO greatful to get to spend some one on one time with him. It was really hard to come home and have to share him with everyone and everything!! :(
Thanks Mom, Dad, Tiffany and Amanda for making it possible for us to get away! We love you!

6 comments:

The Richins Family said...

wow. it sounds like it was a relaxing weekend! how nice! jealous, we just went on a get away and i want to get away again. ha :0 we will be going on a date this saturday so it should be good. :)

Diane said...

k, i'm totally jealous about your get away. we never do stuff like that, and rarely go on dates either. don't know why, but we don't. i'd love to, that's for sure. glad you got away b4 the new baby comes.. you deserved it!

Amanda said...

What a wonderful getaway for you guys! The last time we went on one was almost 2 years ago when Ryan ran the SLC Marathon. It was HEAVEN! (Nevermind that I was 9 weeks pregnant with Whitney and SICK.) I think you are definitely right--weekly dates are great, but there's nothing like getting away just the two of you.

Miss Fergie said...

you look so cute pregnant. That's great you had a gettaway. Those are definetly mandatory!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so stinkin cute! Your family is goreous. How do yu do it all?? I'm amazed. Big fan! (Also slightly jealous of your gettaway!)

Tiffany said...

How fun! I love get aways! Happy Bday devin!