Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pinewood Derby








February 20th was my boys 1st pinewood derby! (I have no idea how Austin has missed out on that for the past 2 years??) I must admit, as a mom I was worried how the boys were going to do in competition. I didn't know that Devin had a talk with them before we left about being a good looser as well as a good winner. Anyways, they were awesome!! The rest of the kids were really good too. The girls loved cheering for their brothers and every time they would win they would jump up and down and yell "way to go Austin! Good job Hunter!" It really was fun. Hunter was undefeated, taking 1st place and Austin took 2nd place; loosing only once, and that was to Hunter! I was excited for them that they won, but I was more happy that they were so great about not being show offs or acting like they were better than anyone. Austin didn't even seem to mind that he lost to his brother, which kind of surprised me! They also took home awards for Most patriotic (Hunter) and Best use of color (Austin). I was so happy for them that they have an awesome Dad that spent a lot of time helping them with their cars! Thanks DAD!! And thanks Grandma & Grandpa for coming and cheering us on!




4 comments:

Michelle said...

Pine wood derby. That is what I get to look forward to with 3 boys. How are you feeling??

Tiffany said...

Way to go boys! That is too cool! You should have told us and we could have came and watched! Congrats boys!

Anonymous said...

Sorry this has nothing to do with the derby, Kristina, I want an update on your baby and a picture of the belly! You better not beat me!

Sar said...

How fun! Great job guys! And, holy cow, I totally thought Brinley was Liberty for a sec. They look a lot alike! And they're growing up so fast!