Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My crazy girl!

So Friday night Emmy starts crying about how her eye hurts. She literally goes on for hours and hours about how bad her eye hurts. Devin the Dr., looks in her eye and doesn't see anything, gives her Benadryl, hoping that will make her feel better but nothing is working. She is walking around the house with one eye shut, watching T.V. one eyed......kinda funny really, but trying to feel sad for her that we don't know what to do. We keep telling her if she goes to sleep she will wake up and feel better in the morning. So around midnight she cries herself to sleep finally. Poor thing! Saturday morning she wakes up and the one eyed girl continues her quest to get us to understand how bad her eye hurts. So Devin runs to WalMart and buys different eye drops and some eye patches so she can keep it shut. He has her layed on the kitchen table to perform his operations and I finally look in her eye and I just about dye when I see what is in her eye....ITS MY CONTACT!!!! (its ripped in two places so no kidding it hurts!) I'm not even joking! My 5 year old daughter got my contacts and put one in her eye. She was so afraid of getting in trouble (cuz duh, she knows shes not supposed to be in my stuff!) that she wouldn't tell us, "well, it might be hurting because I PUT SOMETHING IN IT!" Devin was feeling so bad and I couldn't stop laughing because I couldn't believe she actually got it in her eye! Devin doesn't understand what a feet that is if you don't know how to put in contacts!! I'll just add that to her list of talents I guess!

(This is Emmy, McKenna, Brooklyn & my Moms new Puppy Mona)

7 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Holy Cow!! Never a dull moment at your house. Thanks for that good laugh. I can't believe she would stick something in her eye.

Michelle said...

WOW!!That is pretty amazing. Poor girl. I think suffering with it in her eye for that long was punishment enough huh?

buddyandsarahaws said...

That is really funny! Kids are always amazing me. What a talent!

Amanda said...

Haha! I remember putting mine in for the first time--and YES, it is quite a feat! I guess that's something I can say to my kids--Come on, you can do it! A five year old can do it! LOL!

Jennie said...

Oh so funny and sad! Poor little Emmy, she must have been soooo miserable! Your house is so exciting and entertaining, I can't wait to read your posts to see the latest on your crazy busy life!

Gail said...

That's really funny. And sounds really painful!

So, I'll be your blog-buddy if you will be mine. :)

As Told By Molly said...

Hey Kristina,
Aren't big families the best - always something near death, or totally hilarious going on. It's when things are quiet that you need to worry about. ;)