Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Change isn't always fun

So, you know I use this as my journal so bear with me on this one--not super interesting for you, but I wanted it for my own sake. As many of you already know, Devin was released as 2nd counselor in the bishopric on Sunday. What a whirlwind of emotions it has been. Everyone automatically assumes that I must be elated that he has been released and honestly, that couldn't be further from the truth. For those that are close to us you know, Devin is pretty much the best husband and father anyone could ask for and I was always amazed at how the man didn't go insane trying to balance 7 kids, a grumpy, sick, prego wife (which applies most of the time) 2 self owned businesses AND a calling in the bishopric! AND he always did it with a smile and never complained. Honestly, he is my hero!! I could never handle all the things that he does and still smile about it. We have always felt very blessed for him to be able to serve in the callings he has. Even if I was not always as cheerful about it, trying to get 7 kids looking half way normal and with 2 matching shoes, out the door and on time (haha) for church! Whew--maybe he did have it easier!? JK I just love my hubby so much and am very sad that he has been taken from his calling--maybe that was the only sanity he had? I know that only the Lord knows what is best for us and as hard as it may be, we accept this change and just move forward and onto what ever he has in store for us next. I must say...I'm gonna need a bigger bench on Sunday! :)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Finishing callings like that is always hard. It's so wonderful that you were both so willing to give so freely of your time for him to fulfill that calling. The blessings that come from such service are always welcome and needed--and it's hard when those things change. I hope that you will enjoy having your husband home on Sunday mornings now. I'm sure that's a blessing, too, huh? :)

Sar said...

It is fun having your husband all day on Sunday. . . Devin really is a great husband! He does it all! Plus he still makes time to be a great friend and a be fun guy!

See it Try it Love it said...

He sounds like an awesome husband. That is a ton to handle, I could never believe how you handled church with 7 kids all alone. I couldn' t even handle one without Stephen. I need to take some lessons on patience from you. Thanks Devin for being such a great couselor we are sure going to miss seing Emmy come up and sit with you the last 5 min. of Sacrament meeting

Hollie said...

Hey Kristina, this is Hollie Holyoak...I need your addess again! We moved back to AZ up in the Show Low area! I would love to email ya also...I haven't gotten into this whole blogging thing, but I am good at emails! Email me at Holyoaks@cableone.net Can't wait to hear from you!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing I wish I could go somwhere.