Monday, September 10, 2007

Day one in Cali!


So we are home from our fun filled week in California. Since I use this as my journal---I am going to post all of it in detail over the next few days so I don't miss anything. Driving w/7 kids for 7 hours is always an adventure! Thank goodness Devin got the DVD player fixed before we left so it was like a new thing all over again for the kids and they were so happy to be watching movies in the car again! They were actually really good except for the every 5 min. check to see if we were there yet.....and I'm not exaggerating!! We saw a pretty bad accident on the way there--we could hear the screeching of someones tires and both Devin & I were bracing ourselves in case it was us that was going to be hit--we couldn't see where it was. Then this old pick up sped past us at about 65 mph (while traffic was going about 45) and slammed right into this beautiful new Chevy extended cab who had just barely pulled into that lane. It was really sad and we were floored to see the driver of the old pickup get out of his car, I thought for sure he would be badly injured, especially not having air bags. It made my kids do a seatbelt check though, so thats a plus! Thank goodness it wasn't us! Even more so because we pulled a small enclosed trailer and the damage would have been horrible! Yes, I said we pulled a trailer. That's how much junk you have to take with you to go stay somewhere for a week when you have this many kiddos! It was nice though because we could take whatever we wanted. So that was the 1st day of our adventure!

3 comments:

See it Try it Love it said...

Yes I know I have done a ton of post, mostly because of my new camera, and partly becasue I am also trying to make my blog mostly a jounal so I have more posts some that I am sure noone but me cares about. Justin is hilarious, he can always make me laugh, Stephen totally remembers you what is sad is that you are on your 8th kid and he has only the two it is going to take us a long time to catch up! My camera is a Canon Rebel XT and I absolutely love it. Glad to hear Cali was fun, can't wait to see more pics from the trip.

See it Try it Love it said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyle and Jaime said...

That accident sounds really scary! we only have the two kids and we always have a yakima on top of our expedition when we go on trips. We must have even more junk then you guys!! The layout thing is so simple! Go to the link on my page click on a layout you like and it'll pull up that one plus others alike. Then click on the final one you finalize on. There is a code on the next page that you highlight and copy. Back to your blog go to layout and click on add a page element. Then click on HTML/JavaScript. Paste what you copied in the box and post it. DONE! Some time you have to play with it to get it to what you like. i.e. colors and templates
If you have any more questions let me know!