Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

Better late than never I guess! I had a wonderful Mothers Day (as I always do). Devin always makes sure that I get to be totally LAZY!! My family came over and we had yummy BBQ. There are no pics of me and my gifts b/c I was to busy "using" my gift. We went camping 2 weeks ago and as soon as we got up there I wipped out the camera to start snapping and lo and behold the kids had broken camera #3!! What a shocker!! I have been crying about it ever since. So for Mothers Day I got a SUPER cute new camera! My thoughts this mothers day??? I have realized how many things I give up to have this ginormous family! That may sound a bit selfish, but it isn't meant to be. I have just been thinking that instead of being so down on myself for not having a spotless house, perfectly polished toes, finished laundry, hair that has been colored every 6 weeks, beautifully decorated rooms, astonishing family meals and ALL the other things......that there is no reason to be sad; these are the things that are less important than my kids and therefore get put on the back burner AND I am happy about it. It has taken me years to get over being so concerned about all of those things, but I am finally in a place where I am so happy with the way things are. I love the loudness, the craziness, the laughter and the FUN that we have! I would not choose to be any thing else in this world than a mother to these 8 beautiful kids. In the words of Kate (Jon and Kate plus 8) "it might be a crazy life, but it's our life"





















Here are some pics of my moms loot she made out with and of course what family get together would be complete w/out Cassie stealing the camera and making every one take pictures with her!! LOL! I love that gal!

2 comments:

Marie said...

You are such a wonderful example of a true SUPERMOM!! Your kids are so lucky to have you!

As Told By Molly said...

What?! You're fantastic! Being one of twelve kids, I never understood the sacrifices my parents made for me until I became a mother. I am eternally grateful to my parents for providing me with instant best friends and a home filled with love and happiness. I know your kids will feel the same way...although it may take 21 years. ;)