Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mac & Cheese YUM!





Ok, so sometimes kids do things that make you decide to keep them around for a while longer. :) Last Thursday was one of those days for Hunter & Mason. A little history 1st.....when I was pregnant with the twins Hunter really enjoyed helping out around the kitchen and I taught him how to make Ramen & Mac-n-cheese. He is really good at cooking and loves learning how to make new things. Well on Thursday he decided to pass on his culinary skills to Mason and taught him how to make mac-n-cheese. It was the cutest thing ever!! He was explaining everything in detail and showing him what to do; even how to shake the cheese packet so it doesn't spray powder every where when you open it. My favorite part was when Hunter showed Mason the box and said, "if you ever get confused, these are the instructions so you can just look at them" Mason responded with, "yeah, but I don't want those to be my instructions, I just want you to be my instructions." They were so cute working together! They even let Liberty take a turn pouring in the cheese and stirring. Such good kids! :) (and who the heck knows why Libs is wearing a diaper...she seriously refuses to stop being the baby!! I do like her pose though!)

2 comments:

Diane said...

smartest thing you can do w/ kids is teach them to make some food on their own. i have a 14 yr. old neice who still will call her dad at work about lunch! i'm like, yeah make it yourself?? but i love that brendon will make a sandwich or frozen dinner.

Amanda said...

Cute!! My kids freak out when I tell them to get their own snacks!!! Kadence even told me once "that is why you are the Mom, to wait on us!"

I don't think so!!! That is why I had kids so they could wait on me!! :o)