Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I win coolest mom!


I am the coolest mom!! Yesterday morning my scheduled alarm goes off and we were rushing to get the kids ready for school. Hurry and get the lunches made, hurry and get hair done. All of the sudden I notice that it is after 7:15, which their carpool is never late...whats the deal? So I pick up a school flyer that says fall break is until October 20th. I call my sister in law, "ummmm, do the kids have school today??" "nope, they start back tomorrow" Ok great, cuz we are all up and ready to go to school! DUH!! I turned to the boys and said, "gotcha! that was our trial run for tomorrow and it's a good thing we did that cuz you would have been WAY late!" Emberlyn cried, how cute it that?!? Another point for mom of the year! LOL!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

OMG!!!! I am dying hear. That is HILLLARIOUS!!! Thank you I needed it. That is something I totally would have done!!! What a fun way to go about it. You are the coolest mom anyways without this incident.

The Richins Family said...

that's funny. i don't know how you do it in the mornings. i am not a morning person. i struggle to get up at 6:20 for church on sunday. i feel like a walking zombie at church.