Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The new ride

Jeremiah demonstrating the handle located directly to your right as you enter the bus!















There have been lots of changes around here lately! So just a bit of trivia for you....did you know if you have more than 7 children the only vehicle that fits your family is a 12 passenger van?? Thats what I have been driving for the past 2 years. It took some getting used to, and getting over realizing that I'm not the "cool" mom ;) Anyways, we got rid of my 12 passenger last month (ummmm, not really sure if it is called getting rid of when it is leaving on a tow truck while you are upstairs taking a nap?) Anywhoo......we were blessed enough to have loving family members help us get new transportation and this is the new vanbus (that is what Liberty calls it). My Dad & I went to Peoria on a Saturday (Devin had to work) and my Dad couldn't believe that I really wanted to take a look at this thing. When I saw it I knew immediately that Devin would LOVE it. When I called him he said "well? what do you think? do you like it?" and I said, "nope, but you will" while laughing at the same time. Although it is SO not cool, it is SO practical and SO great loading the kids in and out, and packing everyone in....we have moved from 12 to holding 14 now! It has a TV, and I can even stand up all the way inside. It even came equipped with its own no smoking sign in case the kids forget. hehe! Now that I have had it for 4 weeks, I absolutely love it and I really don't mind being the not cool one cuz when you have 8 kids, its all about being practical! (And yes, that is an isle down the middle of the van!!!)

12 comments:

Heather said...

This vanbus rocks! I can't wait to take a spin in it! Maybe we'll have to plan a girls weekend away & you'll have to drive because it would be a blast & would accommodate everyone lol. Plus I would trade tan upholstery in any day for that shu-weet futuristic design, it's so HOT!!! =)

Michelle said...

That is freaking awesome!!!! It looks like a blast. I get annoyed with my van and only 4 kids because of the room!!! I am glad you found something that works for you guys. I wanna take a ride in it!

Amanda said...

Well, look on the bright side there is still room for more!! :o) I still think your cool by the way!!!

Quinn & Ogden Nash said...

This would be the perfect ride to take to California!!!!!
Nothin' wrong with large vans, I grew up driving in one and I think I turned ok, regardless of my Tietjen genes.

Renée said...

Hey, your only as cool as you think you are. The vanbus rocks...(Seinfeld episode..need I say more?) I always wondered how you managed getting around. Thanks for the insight. Loveya

As Told By Molly said...

An isle? A tv? And a huge handle that will come in handy when you're trying to load kids with a baby on each hip! What more could you ask for? :) I love it.

Dito on the ride to Cali....

Jen Johnson said...

I am so glad you found a good 'ride'! We went down to one vehicle because my hubby got a new job and ride with his job and we bought a 'van' again practical for us -not my first choice of a car, but I absolutely love it and makes my life so much easier having small children who all have some sort of car seat!
jen j

The Fears said...

I love it. It is a great feature too that you can stand up in it. I would still wave to you if I saw you passing by. ha ha. Did you find some shoes last weekend? Sorry I got your message late.

Lyle and Jaime said...

Okay, i love the space it has. thats awesome. (sorry for the lack of punctuation; i'm giving gemma a bottle at the same time.)the seats look nice and this way you can still totally carpool with all your kids. i drive an expedition and miss the space i had in my suburban. when i can i'll be switching to either the extended length or a suburban. moms need the space!!!

Jennie said...

I LOVE it, although I love anything that has a tv for my kids so I can drive in peace! Oh and there is still room for 4 more! Get busy!

Sami said...

Hi Christina :0) - Don't listen to anyone that says that vanbus :) isn't cool - It looks so fun and roomy. I am so glad you have a van you can depend on and seats your whole family.

Irma said...

Hi Kristina...I think I came across your blog through Erica S...not sure, anyway I'm totally jealous of your van!! We have nine kids and I am still driving a Yukon XL...so that means when we go away as a family we need to take two vehicles. I'm still trying to convince my hubby that practical is better then style! (-:

our blog address is http:/jasonandirma.blogspot.com