Friday, January 30, 2009

It's moving day!!


There was an old woman who lived in a shoe, who had so many children she didn't know what to do. Isn't that how it goes? (After I posted this picture I started cracking up cuz this seriously looks like my house with kids climbing the walls and out the windows!!!) Well, I'm not THAT old, and I thought about moving to a shoe, but thank goodness we didn't have to because we finally found a house. I know, I know, most of you are wondering what the HECK I am talking about. I haven't blogged about this at all because I have been so incredibly stressed out about it. We are selling our house and about 3 months ago we decided that there is no way that I could handle the stress of showing our house while it is on the market, so we would move into a rental. Sounds easy enough right? HAHAHA! Well obstacle #1 was finding a house that would work for our family, it didn't have to be big, I was actually wanting to downsize, our 3700 SF is WAY too much for me to take care of right now! Obstacle #2 was finding something close to Devins office which was proving more difficult than I ever thought. Obstacle #3 was the fact that I was being honest when I was filing out the rental applications and when people found out how many children we had they said "SEE YA"!! So moving into a shoe was sounding pretty good!! I spent many many hours on the computer looking, many many hours looking at houses and all through the process praying that where ever the Lord wanted our family to be, that would be the house that would work out. So Thursday we got the call that I have been dreaming of for 3 months and we finally have a house!! We are so excited to have this nightmare over with, the kids are so excited to have this nightmare over with! We are moving on Monday.....can you tell we are ready for this nightmare to be over with!! So I wont be posting for a little while but all is well and I'm sure the next post will not be as delightful when the sadness has completely set in of leaving our home that we have lived in for the past 9 years! Change is good and we are looking forward to what the future has to bring us!

12 comments:

See it Try it Love it said...

That is so great. I am so glad it finally worked out. Hope all is well with you and good luck with the move. Hopefully we will see you in Mesa if that is where you are going.

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

I am so glad that you found a house. How stressfull for you. Good luck with your new change. Let us know what your new info is:)

Amanda said...

Good luck with the move. Moving the 4 of us out of our little 3 bd. apartment seemed like a huge undertaking. I can imagine that moving the 10 of you out of 3700 sq. ft. is even more monumental. I hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Hambrick said...

Where are you moving to? God bless you and your handfuls.

Val said...

Congrats on moving...and finding a house instead of a shoe :)

buddyandsarahaws said...

Best of luck on your move. Im glad everything has worked out. Just know you will be missed!

Sar said...

I wish we were there to help. . .that's a big job. I hope it all goes well. We think about you guys a lot and miss you.

Lyle and Jaime said...

Good luck! I would hate to see the size of the shoe needed....lol! No more QC!! It's crazy to think back on that place and now you guys aren't there. So many people are gone from when we were there.

Devin is brilliant! I love the little scooter! Men are good for something right?? J/K

ginger said...

hey i hope the move is going well :) good luck! we're gonna miss you guys.

JeniRae said...

We are gonna miss you tons! We hope the move proves to be a blessing for you and your family. I certainly hope we still see ya around! And p.s. thanks for the comment on my Calli post!

Rebecca said...

Home is where you make it! I am happy for you! You know that you can call on me whenever you need organizing/decorating help. Here's to a beautiful new start...

Miss Fergie said...

I'm sorry you have to leave your house! I hope everything works out great for you guys.