Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My 1st baby is 12???
















I can't even believe that my oldest baby just turned 12!! How did that happen so fast? It was so weird this year to try and plan an "older" kids party instead of going and getting the spider man stuff at the store and calling it good! So we just sent the girls to Grandmas and ordered pizza and set up Austins Birthday present and let the boys just party. They had a really great time and it was so cool not to have to entertain, we just let them play and then we did our own thing. Here are some things I love about Austin at age 12
* I HAVE A BABYSITTER!!!!! (I have waited for 12 long years)
* he really enjoys reading which is so surprising bc it took him a long time to learn to read in the first place, now he loves it!
* he still loves to be outside, and still will build forts and all sorts of stuff (he and his brothers recently dug a 5ft deep hole in the back yard....just for fun haha)
* I have loved his enthusiasim about turning 12 and getting the priesthood and passing the sacrament
* he enjoys video games and watching all the stuff his Dad likes (BORING) History channel, Military channel, Discovery channel
* he is an AMAZING artist!! I am floored at the things he can create and draw, he has an incredible imagination and so much creativity!
Austin is who 1st made me a mom, and I love him for that! I didn't know if I was going to survive this kid as a toddler, but he has sure made it worth it! I am so grateful for this him being so patient as I have learned, and continue to learn how to be a good mom. Happy Birthday Austin!!

1 comment:

stacy said...

um?????? i con't believe your oldest is 12 and you have SEVEN more below him. that is one tired uterus. happy birthday!!!!!!!