Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fathers Day 2010

It takes forever to get a picture where everyone is smiling HAHAHAHA!

Dads getting old and cant hear his card!
 (who am I kidding, he hasn't been able to hear for a long time hehe)
Silly Jeremiah and James
Pretty Big T and little T
James entertaining us with his sprinkler dance :)
What would we do for entertainment without James around???

We always have fun getting together whether we are celebrating something or just hanging out. It is always good times, good laughs and good food. I am SUPER grateful for my Dad! He always taught us what is right, he always took us to church, and he always makes sure that we know that he loves the Lord. I don't think that you realize how much you appreciate your parents until you become a parent yourself. My Dads faithfulness to the gospel has held our family together and I feel so blessed for having such a good example in my life.
I feel SUPER bad that I don't have pictures of Devin and the kids; we did it separate and my battery was dead, but he is definitely the other Father that is in my life that I look up to. Devin is an amazing Dad!!! I have always been amazed with his patients with our children, sure we both loose our temper, but he is amazing at being able to handle very serious situations and figure out the best way to handle it that will create the best learning experience for our kids. He didn't have the best example for a Father, don't get me wrong, his Dad is a wonderful person, one of the kindest people you will ever meet, just wasn't in his life full time after the age of 8 which is hard for a child, I can only imagine! I know that he took that experience and chose to apply it in his life for good. I think many men would end up not being a good Father due to lack of a good example; Devin did just the opposite and chose to decide who he does want to be as a Father because of what he did miss out on. I love the man he is and I love the father he is and the good example he sets for our children. He knows how to say sorry, he knows how to laugh, and he knows how to teach. Just like my feelings about my Dad, my kids will not understand how blessed they are until they become parents themselves.

2 comments:

Cassie Jae said...

super cute pic of Dev with the girls.. um but what the heck are those socks that Jeremiah is wearing? Has his fashion sense decreased since I left? come on.

Kristina said...

HAHAHA, funny story actually, bc I was making fun of them and Jeremiah said, "well thats what happens when you have 10 seconds to get out the door!" (aparantly he was asleep and Jacob said, you have 10 seconds, and he set the alarm!!) HAHAHAHA! Brothers; their so silly!