Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mothers Day/Birthday Bash

People always think its great to have a Birthday on Mothers Day and I say EH!?! Every other girl is getting gifts on that day too, what fun is that?? LOL But Devin did a great job at trying to make it extra special for me. I wasn't feeling well at all because I had surgery afew days before and just wanted to sleep, but I put on my happy face for my kids; they were so excited to give me presents and cards! My favorite was my card!! Devin found a card with 3 chicks on it; he photocopied the chicks and pasted them in the card so their was 8, THEN he printed out clip art to paste on each one to reflect each childs personality. I was IN LOVE with it! The kids don't know that I had a few gifts bought ahead of time and hidden, hehe! And of course my mom and family had a cake and ice cream party complete with a gift certificate for IKEA which bought me new dishes when we moved! It was a wonderful day and I am INCREDIBLY grateful for my beautiful kids who gave me the gift of being a mom!

No comments: