Sunday, March 20, 2011

Valentines Day 2011

This is what I woke up to Valentines morning, I'm pretty sure the little kids were even more excited than I was! I got to enjoy my balloons for about 10 min before the little kids divided them up and decided which one was "theirs" The one that played music when you tapped it was the hot ticket item!

 I was the MOST thrilled with my real gift.....my wedding ring!! Devin surprised me by going and getting it from the jewelers. I took it there over 9 months ago when a side stone fell out and you know how life is....shoes for the kids are more important than picking up your ring from the jewelers. So I was beyond happy to have it back; it was the perfect present!!!
I'm not sure how many years ago we started our annual Valentines Day family dinner, probably going on 5 years? I had kind of a flash into the future this year, of all my kids being married with their own families and continuing this tradition. I figure Grandma and Grandpa can babysit on Valentines so all the moms and dads can have a nice date night and then on like the Monday before Vday or something still have our traditional dinner. Am I weird that I think of those things? Probably....but I love thinking about what life will be like 15 years from now with my family...I guess because I love hanging out with my own brothers and sisters so much!

 This was our pretty little table that I decorated while the kids were outside playing with their friends. I was gonna make super cute cookies, but after all the junk they got at school, plus the candy I put int their cups I figured they didn't need any more sugar. I LOVE and adore my family, and I think even more I LOVE that this once romantic day that just Devin and I celebrated has turned into a day of making sure my kids know just how much their Mom and Dad love them.


No comments: