Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The WORST night!!

So its been 3 years since I have had a little baby, so I am used to getting my sleep at night. Well, last night I think my dog Maddy wanted to die! I don't know what her problem is...ok really I think I do; its called being extremely SPOILED!!!! She gave birth to 4 sweet puppies Saturday night and has been so great with us and the kids and things have been great....until last night! She is has gotten her energy and strength back and is torn between wanting to spend time with me and Devin and taking care of her babies. This is how my night went...

She almost always sleeps with us (remember I capitalized the word spoiled....ya theres a reason!!) and last night she REALLY wanted to be in bed with me and Devin while we were watching TV but every time one of the puppies would whimper she would jump off our bed to see if they were ok then 2 min later jump back up in bed with us.(and we have a REALLY tall bed that she has to jump up onto my cedar chest then onto the bed....you would think she would have gotten tired at some point!)  After about 10 min of that Devin said, I'll fix this....and he put the babies in bed with us and everyone was happy. When we were ready to go to sleep he put all the dogs in their bed (which is in our room) ALL night long Maddy would come to my side of the bed jump on, lay down for 5 min, hear her puppies, go to Devins side, jump off check on the babies, then back to my side to jump back onto the bed and lay down for 5 min. Literally ALL night!!! So finally at 4:00 I couldn't take it anymore so I went into the little kids room with a pillow and found a Little Mermaid sleeping bad to snuggle up with. I look up and see the TV mounted to the wall and think "Holy COW if that thing were to fall down it would probably kill me...we really gotta move the bed!" then I couldn't fall asleep bc I kept thinking about the TV falling on my head! 20 min later I hear the little "click, click, click" of Maddys feet on the wood floors coming to find me!! You have GOT to be kidding!!!! She does the same thing, lays with me for 5 min then off to find her babies. So 2 or 3 times of that I'm done and I pick up and head downstairs to lay on the couch...she HEARS me from the other room and chases me down the hall AHHHHHH!!! Here it is 4:30 in the morning and I'm in the hall hollering at my little dog to leave me alone and go away with a pillow and a freakin Little Mermaid sleeping bad...seriously I just want to sleep! I never get mad at this dog, she is always wonderful and I'm just about to loose it! No joke, 15 min later she comes down stairs and jumps on the couch; I hide under the sleeping bag and am yelling at her "Maddy seriously go away and leave me alone your not sleeping with me" She finally jumps off the couch and slowly marches up the stairs like I have just crushed her little heart! I'm so tired this morning BUT I can laugh about it bc it is just because she is so spoiled. She LOVES me and Devin and as I'm laying in bed with her going round and round between us and her babies the scene from Overboard flashes in my head where Goldie Hawn is laying on the couch on her yacht talking to her mom on the phone and her mom says "But if you HAVE a baby then you cant BE the baby" HAHAHA Maddy is still trying to hold on to being the baby and I love her for it.....I guess!

No comments: