Friday, August 1, 2008

Gas Anyone??


I had to take a min. and write about the fun time I had this afternoon! My gas tank was below the red line this morning so Devin left me afew $$ for gas. I figured I could make it to pick up the kids from school. HAHAHA!! While I am airing up my flat tire so I can leave, I have Liberty run back in the house and grab my cell phone...just in case. :) Rewind a sec; my kids school has 3 different schedules and kids are getting out at different times. They have a 1/2 day every Friday, but do you think the school could send home some info on how that is supposed to work? Or even what time they get out?? Heavens no; that would make this story boring!! Ok, so I leave to get the boys, (which I had to call just to find out what time they are getting out) who are supposed to get out at 11:55. When I get there at 11:50(praying all the way that I would make it there and to the gas station...why I couldn't leave early to get gas before is beyond me!) Mason comes out to the car right away...then we continue to wait until 12:10 when I finally ask an aide where the heck my 3rd & 4th grader could be. She leaves to go hunt them down. 12:10 Austin & Hunter finally get out to the car; which I have now turned off and we are all sitting in the HOT car! "Where have you been" I ask, ever so lovingly. ;) "oh, they were holding us until Emmy gets out @ 12:15" Well, the aide hears our conversation and explains to me that they hold all the older siblings until the Kindergartners get out to make it easier on the parents. Probably would have worked out to be easier HAD I BEEN TOLD THAT!! So Emmy is still not out and I know I'm running on fumes. So I leave to go to the gas station and come back for her.....I didn't make it very far. So I call my sister in law, who lives next door, and she says she will be right there to rescue us. She calls back 2 min. later to let me know her car won't start! YIKES! So I call a friend who lives a block away from me and she says she will come save us, in about 10 min. b/c she just got out of the shower. So by now it's like a thousand degrees in the van, so Austin, Hunter & I all grab a baby and we start walking back to the school. A super sweet lady sees us and pulls over. We all pile into her 4 door truck (with her 4 kids) and she drops us of at the school, where I find Emmy & my two nieces sweating to death outside waiting for me!! Luckily my friend is there waiting w/her nice cool suburban and she takes us to the van where she puts afew gallons of gas in to get me to the gas station. Holy cow, could she be any greater!!! So after all that, we made it to the gas station where we refueled, got hydrated and finally made it home! All in a day in the life of crazy ol' me! :)

5 comments:

Marie said...

Sounds like quite an adventure. I heard on the radio that AAA has reported like a 400% increase of people calling because they're out of gas in just the last few months - too funny! Can't believe you have 4 in school and another 4 at home - you are a busy mom!

Erica said...

Oh my goodness! I can't belive you did not have a meltdown! YOu are amazing glad everything turned out okay!

Quinn & Ogden Nash said...

I remember having days like that when I was younger with my mom. Maybe it has to do with having a lot of kids. But looking back it was a fun adventure!

Diane said...

yeah, a crazy life i know nothing about. i can't handle raegan.. who's 20 mths! can't imagine 8 kids! and they are all boom/boom/boom..

D said...

Hi Kristina and Tiffany. I just found your blog and wanted to say hi and see if you remember me :)

You have a beautiful family!

Debbie (Adams)