Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy B-day Mason!






Mason turned 7 years old on the 16th. He is such a funny and sweet little man. As I put in an earlier post, this year I am going to recall events of each childs birth experience for journaling purposes.
At first when I found out I was having another boy I was sad, BUT only because I had a previous ultrasound and was told I was having a girl, so I was quite shocked. But when it came time to meet him I was very excited about having 3 little men in my life. This was my first experience with putting myself into labor. My sister in law is a mid wife and she gave me her recipe for her "bomb" that puts you into labor, and it did just that. Masons labor was actually the best experience I have ever had. I went into the hospital and I was at a 3 and started moving along quickly. This was also the first time that I had my mom there with me, which was really special to me. Anyways, I got to a 7 and was still pretty comfortable, which is ABSOLUTELY not my normal experience!!! I got too scared about how bad the actual delivery would be so I went ahead and got the epidural. I went from a 7 to ready to push in about 20 min. He arrived weighing 7 lbs. 15 oz., he seemed to tiny to me! We still had not decided on a name until he was born, Devin wanted Ammon and I wanted Mason; while I was pushing the Dr. asked me, "what is this little guys name?" And I just looked at Devin and he said, "it's Mason" What was he supposed to say as his wife was pushing out his 3rd son. HEHEHE! :)
Poor little Mason came down the birth canal so fast that his whole face was black and blue. The nurses had to put a little sign on his bassinet that said, "yes, my face is bruised" because they said they didn't want the Dr's & nurses to think he was purple from not breathing. The umbilical cord was wrapped 3 times around his neck and he was having a hard time breathing right after he was born so he was rushed off to the NICU. He stayed there for 24 hours under an oxygen bubble thing. He also had jaundice so he after he was home we had to sit in the sun with him every day. But regardless of all of that, he was perfectly fine and Austin & Hunter were thrilled to have a new little baby in the house.
Mason has always been our funny little man that makes us laugh. He has such a big heart and about a dozen times a day will come up to me and wrap his arms around me and tell me how much he loves me. He says the sweetest prayers too. The other night we explained to all the kids about my 3 Day walk and why I was doing it. His prayer that night was, "Heavenly Father, please bless that lots and lots of people will come to the garage sale, so people won't be sick and have cancer." You don't get much more pure in heart than that. He is such a blessing to our home and I don't know what I would do without all his hugs and kisses.
(Thank you Uncle Jacob for the WAY cool Spiderman cake!!!!)

2 comments:

arizonamama said...

I think it's a great idea to post about your child's real birthday on their birthday. I use my blog as a journal too. I'm going to have to adopt that idea. I love the cake. Totally boy awesome!

Quinn & Ogden Nash said...

Hey I did the whole "bomb" thing too with Quinn. Holy cow did it work!