Friday, August 8, 2008

We love rain!

So many fun things to blog about, so little time! The other night when it started pouring down rain Liberty and I happened to be at Wal Mart. We walked around for 20 min. hoping that it would die down, but that never happened so we finally decided to leave. When I got to the front and saw the SHEETS of rain pouring down I thought, "hmm, this ought to be interesting." Libs was in her jammies and flip flops (it was like 9...and they were cute jammies!) So I decided that I would leave my cart at the front door and run w/Liberty to the van, then pull up to the front and load the groceries. Liberty was HILARIOUS!!! I gave her a sack to lay over her head (no, her head was not IN the bag, just laid over her hair), took her shoes off and we ran through the soaked parking lot and she was giggling hysterically all the way to the van! When we got in she said, "that was so funny mom, when we get home I am going to tell Dad what we did." And she did just that! It made me laugh, and reminded me how the simple things in life can bring us so much joy.

(I used this picture of the girls after they got new dangly earrings and were dying for me to take a picture. It was way funny how they would shake their head from side to side to feel them shake...I so remember doing that!)

3 comments:

Victor and Annette said...

I love AZ rains, especially out there were you live. I can just smell it as you told me the story. Hope all is going well for you. Redge said you all may come up??? that would be fun. Take care

Sar said...

Dangly earring? No. . . they're not old enough! I can't believe it Kristina, I was just barely holding Emmy as a little baby, now she's wearing dangly earrings? and in school? Where is the time going?

Jen Johnson said...

I love the simple joys! I live for those especially in raising kids! The rain is fun for kids. Mine love to go out into the street and play in the water and I say why not because you are only a kid once. A little secret I do it to because we all need let live sometimes!
jen Johnson