Sunday, August 31, 2008

Liberty turns 4!






I know, it is so awful that I am still trying to catch up with things I haven't posted about over the past two months! Liberty turned 4 on June 28th. WOW, she is one 4 year old drama mama!! But she still manages to win us over with her adorable smile. It was really fun being pregnant with her because I was pregnant with my sister, 2 sister in laws, and one very dear friend (probably more than that if I thought about it long enough) I was on the list for induction at Chandler Regional and instead of going in the afternoon like I was supposed to, they called me at 2 a.m. Our super best friends (that were expecting their 1st) came and hung out with us; it was a lot of fun to visit and just hang until it was time to actually do something. I don't remember all the details for sure, but I know it was early in the morning when they started the pitociin and I decided to just wait until I needed the epidural (bad idea!) Oh, and I forgot to mention that this was our first experience of letting it be a surprise. I was FOR SURE it was another boy, but desperately wanted a sister for Emberlyn, especially because they would be 18 months apart, which is what my sister Tiffany & I are, and we are best friends! Anyways, things were going slow so Devin & our friends decided to go down to the cafeteria to get some breakfast. Devin double checked to make sure that I was ok if he went b/c the contractions were starting to pick up and I assured him I was fine. Little did I know that in the 20 min. they were gone my contractions went from fine, to bawling b/c they hurt so bad. Good ol' pitocin! I have NEVER had that happen before and it was SO awful. I was crying for the nurse to hurry and get the anesthesiologist there, who was of course not available for 30 min. After about 15 min. I asked her if she could turn down the pit to see if that would help and her response was, "oh, yeah I could do that, I'm sure that would help a lot" Well geez thanks lady!! Shortly after that the Dr. showed up and placed my ever wonderful epidural and I have a picture of me smiling and re-applying my makeup after he left. Dr. Lamb came and broke my water and withing 30 min. it was go time. The coolest thing about Libertys delivery was that the Dr. had before hand asked Devin if he wanted to help deliver the baby and he said no thanks, so I asked if I could pull the baby out and he said "sure". (Dr. Lamb is the BEST most AMAZING Dr. ever, by the way!!) So I pushed her head out, and delivered the shoulders, then I reached down and pulled her out. It was so cool!! I laid her on my chest and Devin looked to see what we had and as soon as he said, "it's a girl" we both started crying because we were so excited for Emmy to have a sister. It was so wonderful to have my sister and our friends in the waiting room so they could come in as soon as she arrived. She weighed 8 lbs. and was so perfect. When the kids came to see her in the hospital Emberlyn refused to let anyone hold her, except for her. We have another pic of Emmy screaming b/c Tiffany tried to take her away. Despite all the drama, I do love my girls. And I love my little Liberty and the sweet smiles and love she brings into our home.

6 comments:

Jen Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Liberty! Abby and Liberty are the same age. Abby turned 4 in July! So, we've been pregnant twice together with Liberty and with the baby boys now! Lots of babies!
Jen Johnson

Tiffany said...

Oh she is so sweet and I remember that day too! Not that I was there the whole time but ya know!! Love ya libby!!

Jess said...

I got on your blog and Court says "Where's Emmy? Where's Emmy?" So I had to find a picture of her so he could see, too cute!! Hailey said "Who is Emmy?" Court said "She is in my church class."

Amanda said...

So do you still remember all of their birthdays or do you have them written down somewhere? LOL!!! j/k

You are still the bravest Mom in my book!! I see that post above mine has the name Court for a boy in it. Is the name just Court or Courtland? Just curious, my baby is Kourtland and I don't hear the name much!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Marie said...

Happy late b-day to your cutie. I love that you shared her birth experience. I've always thought it would be cool to pull the baby out, everyone I tell that to thinks I'm nuts! Glad to know you'd be on my side.

As Told By Molly said...

I love hearing the different stories of babies births. They are all a miracle.

Ok. Sauna suit. We got ours from Target and it's seriously like a long-sleeved garbage bag for a top and long-pants bottom. It's so hot inside that thing, you just sweat like you're in a sauna. But it's a good, healthy sweat, ya know? Just drink plenty of water when you're wearing it!

Oh, and about the kids for the weekend...you don't seriously want a set of 6 (well, now Mason's 7) year old twins and 2-year-old triplets?! I know you could do it because you are that amazing, but maybe another time. :) Did I mention you rock. I am totally excited about your run!