Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Christmas Eve

Click to play Christmas+Eve
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a scrapbook - it's easy!



Finally the rest of December! These are from Christmas Eve. We have a few fun traditions in the Tietjen house on Christmas Eve. For the kids, they always draw a name of a brother or sister and get a gift for them and that is the present they get to open on Christmas Eve. It is not always the funnest experience for Mom & Dad taking 7 kids to the store to buy toys, BUT, it is the best ever to see their gratitude towards each other for getting them something. I think it is my favorite part of Christmas for them. For Devin & I; Devin & his brother Dale put an underground pit in our back yard several years ago, so every year for Thanksgiving & Christmas they get all the meat ready and put it in the pit. This was the best year ever, b/c they actually started early and were done by 10:00pm which NEVER happens! Usually it is after midnight. So for me if was a huge bonus because instead of being up all by myself till 4 am, Devin was up helping me wrap presents. I'm sure he was sooooooo thrilled! Why we always wait till Christmas Eve I'm not sure; it seems like there is always a lot of other things going on I guess. :) Thank goodness he was willing to help; I actually enjoy it, especially when he gets to be in the house with me.

No comments: