Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Pregnancy update

Ok, so for this whole pregnancy I keep saying "this week I am going to blog about the pregnancy so I have something written down about it" But then I would think, not until I have Devin take a picture of me to I can post it. Well, that has yet to happen, so here I am posting this WAY long overdue post with no picture. Oh well, everyone has seen a prego belly before; and if your one of the lucky ones, you have seen mine about a hundred times!! :)
So I have 8 1/2 weeks left.......and counting! Technically I have 10 1/2 weeks left, but my Doctors have always educed me 2 weeks early cuz I have such big babies. Austin was 9lbs. 5 oz, right on time. Emberlyn would have been my biggest had I gone on time. I had her 3 weeks early and she was 8lbs. 2oz. At my last appointment my Dr. laid me back on the table and said, "um, are we having a big baby??" I just laughed (I am with a new Dr. this time who hasn't had the experience of meeting my jumbo sized babies) I am measuring 4 weeks bigger than I should be, which outside of the twins, I NEVER do. He said, "at our next visit we will for sure be doing an ultrasound to make sure your not having a giant!" LOL So anywhoo, I am definitely feeling old with this pregnancy. That or maybe its more the fact that I have been pregnant 10 times in the past 11 years??? My body just ain't what it used to be. I get frustrated towards the end at how slow I am. It takes me all day just to get afew things done! I'm used to accomplishing like a million things BEFORE lunch! (maybe not really a million, but ALOT) I'm slow, fat, tired and I waddle like no other!!! BUT, every time I have the baby, I very quickly forget all of that and miss laying in bed at night with Devin, enjoying feeling our baby doing gymnastics and Devin laughing at the craziness going on inside my tummy. I do love that!!! And I get plenty of opportunity for that cuz this is seriously THE MOST active baby of all times! I think he/she moves more than my twins did. My theory is that the twins stretched me out so much that this baby has TONS of room to enjoy. I bet he/she (sorry, can't say "It", sounds so impersonal) is thinking, "man, what the heck was everyone talking about? Cramped for space? HAHA this place is awesome!!" After the first 3 or 4 kids, pregnancy does get really hard and I find myself thinking, "holy crap I don't want to do this again!" But then those dang perfect newborns, in all their cuteness! How I love having a new little baby in our home! So, for now, I just try not to complain, and try to think, "if something happened and this were to be my last baby, I would want to soak up every min. of this pregnancy." So I try to forget the aches and pains and enjoy my time with my big belly and my baby tucked safely away until he/she has to come to this crazy messed up world. "Life" is a miracle and I am so grateful that I get to experience it once again.

7 comments:

maelynn said...

Hi Kristina,
I don't know why I haven't admitted to looking at your blog on occasion earlier! I'm just creepy like that I guess! It's always fun to catch up on your fun and crazy life! You amaze me! I'm over here having a tough time adjusting to two kids, and you make it look easy with almost 8! I can't wait to find out if it's a girl or boy! And I can't believe it's so close. It seems like just month I was reading that you were pregnant!

The Cronin Family said...

Ohh reading that was sweet! You are to cute! I want to see a preggo picture so tell Devin to hurry up already! :) You'll have to post after your next appt. and tell us how big the doc thinks the baby is going to be. Try to get some rest you busy mommy!

Michelle said...

You are a trooper!! More then me. Let me know what all the fun happens.

Sar said...

I love your baby comments! So poetic! I really can't believe you only have 8 weeks left! Crazy! It sure has gone by fast. . . for me!! But I'm not the pregnant one!! Well, we miss you guys!!

Team Caldwell said...

When is TLC going to do a show on you guys? You make John and Kate look like wimps! They struggle and you make it seem so easy (notice I said seem!)Your show could be the Tietjen ten? The question mark could be in the title because you crazy kids love kids!! That's why Heavenly Father has them lined up for your house. I'd lose my mind! You truly are a wonder mom.

Lyle and Jaime said...

You have such a great outlook! I personally think that pregnancy is so crapy so we can truly appreciate those beautiful little babies that have been entrusted to us. If it was all easy it might be taken for granted. Good luck with everything I'm sure baby will be beautiful in ALL it's body!....you do have big babies! lol

Anonymous said...

I'm going to hate you if you get to have your baby before me! My due date is the 15th but I'm shooting for the 14th or 17th. What day are you being induced?