Saturday, April 5, 2008

Baby update



So here are some currant pictures of my big ol' baby! Isn't he adorable?? Well except for the scratch marks on his face. Those would be courtesy of my little Brinley! It's so weird b/c she is such a little mommy to Brigham, but she is SO mean to Ryker. She hits him all the time! :( Also, don't pay any attention to the "girl" swing that he is in......I have a boy one but I haven't gotten it out yet; probably because I can't leave him in it unless the twins are in bed! I pretty much can't leave him anywhere when the twins are awake.....AHHHHHHH!!! Can't put him in a pack-n-play b/c they can climb in it; can't leave him in the swing cuz they climb on him; can't leave him buckled in his car seat on the table b/c they will climb on the table! So my days pretty much consist of holding the baby and chasing the twins around...literally....thats ALL I do ALLLLL day long. It has become very exhausting. BUT, I must say that one wonderful thing is how fabulous Ryker sleeps at night! I have NEVER had a baby that sleeps this good, this early. Once we get him to sleep; which is usually between 10 & 12, he only gets up once during the night, and for the most part he just eats and goes back to sleep. We have had afew long nights, but overall he has been so great at night. (he seems to save his fussiness for during the day; but at least I'm not overly tired!) So two big advantages to having a GINORMOUS baby would definitely be the great sleeping, and the weight loss plan is GREAT! I lost 21lbs. in the first 10 days; can't beat that! Only 9 more to go, and then I have to chisel away at the left over weight from the twins! FUN!`

7 comments:

Lyle and Jaime said...

He is so cute! I love his cheeks. It sounds like chasing the twins might have something to do with the weight loss! It's nice to have a good sleeper. I was blessed with both my kids being great sleepers from day one. I'm talking 10 hours strait at a month old! Crazy huh!! Good luck with everything and everyone!

Sar said...

Oh, he is so sweet! Who does he look like? I can't even tell! He's soooo cute! I love his dark little complexion and hair. I can't even imagine what your days are like. I feel busy with 2!!!!!! I don't know how you do it, but I sure admire you!

Marie said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute kids!

Jess said...

Those twins...so funny!! I can just see you chasing them around with Ryker in your arms...makes me grin! He is so sweet. When I came over when he was brand new, I didn't even notice how big he was because I haven't been around a new born for so long...you are amazing!!!

Diane said...

yeah seriously... run a few pounds off for me. i still have them from raegan & she's almost 18mths. AND she still doesn't sleep through the night.. you are so lucky! you are very blessed with everything you have, but i know you know that! tell your mom & dad hi for me... if they even remember me ;) and i'd love to see the baby some time.. get some rest now mommy!

Erica said...

What cute pics. Um did you say 21lbs in 10 days? Can I just say I hate you!!!! Wowo way to go. Hopefully the kids will give you a break soon. I am scared to death of what Avery is going to do to this baby.

The Fears said...

so cute. Bummer about the twins, Ryker is just getting double the love that a newborn usually gets right!