Friday, April 11, 2008

Silly Devin

So, ask anyone in Devins family if he is accident prone and they would probably die laughing, and then tell you a million stories about all the things that have happened to him during his 34 years of life. Even as an adult, he continues to be every ones insurance policy (as long as Devin is around, no one else will get hurt!!) In the past 3 weeks he has been to the ER 4 times for 3 different injuries.........I think he has been feeling a bit neglected with the new baby around?? That or he misses Redge beating up on him so now he just does it himself? Come back Redge, come back!! :) The first injury was 3 weeks ago when he broke his toe, followed the next week by having a huge metal tank fall on his left leg almost breaking it, followed the next week by a pan of boiling water falling on his right leg resulting in 2nd degree burns from his thigh all the way down to his toes. Which was kind of funny because he had just stopped limping on his left leg, and now is limping on his right leg. What is even more funny is that every time he would start feeling better he would laugh and say, "now I have to find something else to whine about" and afew days later, lo and behold he had something new to whine about. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and am still laughing as I write all this!! I just thought everyone would LOVE to see pictures of his nasty legs! Poor baby!
Left leg













Right leg

9 comments:

Diane said...

okay, the bruises are great.. but the poor burns!! :(
and all that stuff is funny, but at the same time, kinda sad! haha
okay, how do you know redge? because i knew him from a mutual friend along time ago. like, before he went on his mission.

Victor and Annette said...

Poor guy! That looks so painful. He would fit right in in my 4th grade class room.. We have had 3 broken or badly hurt legs in our room this year. I love reading your family stories.

Marie said...

Ouch! Glad he's o.k.!

Hambrick said...

Ok, this takes the cake. You win Devin. I called Chad in to see these photos and he feels your pain. I'm gonna have to say that this is the closest it might feel to having a baby. Get well soon.

Sar said...

Poor Devin! He talked to Redge just the other day and didn't mention one thing about 4 ER visits!! Your post reminds me of the late, delirious (no idea how to spell that) nights we spent at your house when they played the slap game, or other funny games they made up. . . I miss those late nights with you guys!

The Fears said...

OK thats painful just to look at!! Lets hope one of your kids don't inherit this "accident prone" gene.

maelynn said...

Yikes!! That looks awfully painful!! Time to do a new blog, so those pictures aren't at the top! They're makin' me cringe!
I hope he heals soon!

The Richins Family said...

oh my gosh, that looks extremely painful. i would be in a wheelchair if it was me. i just saw him and your boys at walmart picking up a perscription.

Lyle and Jaime said...

Wow! That is really sad and funny at the same time. Usually it is women who are so accident prone. I am definately one of those! His legs look extremely painful though!