Monday, February 15, 2010

And he's up!

Blowing kisses to Dad!

Every day he gets better and better! They have started getting him up and having him walk around the hospital. The 1st two times were horrible to watch, but he is much better now at getting in and out of the bed (still with the help of 4 people) and walks further and further every time. I came in last night after I had been home with the kids and he was snoring!!!! I NEVER in a million years thought I would enjoy the sound of him snoring, but it was so wonderful to see him laying comfortably in the bed snoring away! He seriously had not slept for longer than a 20 min stretch since they woke, him up on Friday, poor thing! He slept really great last night and they are actually moving him OUT of the ICU today!!!! Pure happiness!!! That means no more stupid visiting hours, a bathroom actually IN the room, more privacy and I can even bring the older 2 boys in to see him. I'm so happy he is doing so good. I know this time next week he is going to be dying to get out of here, but I'm happy he is here where he doesn't have little babies climbing on him because they want his attention. We miss him at home, but he can rest and get all the care he needs here, which brings me comfort. Valentines Day was sad for me because I started a new tradition about 5 years ago having a family Valentines dinner. I bust out the candles and wine glasses, the nice GLASS plates, I decorate everything and make a super yummy steak, potatoes, corn, rolls and dessert meal. YUM! I just couldn't bring myself to do it without him there, so that is going to be Daddys welcome home dinner! (I'm not gonna lie.....I might blend up his steak!!)

6 comments:

Diane said...

such WONERFUL news... you guys are truly blessed!

stacy said...

you are so pretty! i'm so glad that devin is doing good. can't wait for him to be all better and get homw to you guys.

Mel's Family said...

kristina--I am so glad he is doing better. I know how hard it is on everyone when daddy isn't there. BUT like you said at least he can rest and get better. I'm glad he is on his way.

Mel's Family said...

OK sorry I just realized I am logged in as my sister in law--Mel!! It's me Marcie:)

See it Try it Love it said...

Glad to hear he is getting better. I love your Valentine's Dinner tradition, I say just do it another day, no law against that.

MelissaEaves said...

Kristina, I am so sorry to hear about all of this. You are so amazing. Please know that we are thinking of you and praying for Devin.