Saturday, February 6, 2010

So I was introduced to a blog today that tugged at my heart in such a tremendous way. This sweet family has been struck with incredible tragedy and despite the horror they are going through at this time, this wonderful woman is sharing her experience. I am so grateful for her sharing, so I can remember how important life is! I think most mothers (including myself!), in some way or another, are guilty of doing things that take precious time away from our children. I am grateful to remember, through her terror instead of my own, that there is nothing in this life that is more important than our children we have been given stewardship over; not a book, not homework, not our favorite TV show, not a blog, or facebook, or ANYTHING, that is more important than our kids. Believe me, I am not preaching to anyone, I am taking a major look at my own mistakes and realizing how many times I think "just 2 more min, then I will check on them, or it's just a sec, they will be ok" or any other thoughts that are quite frankly, not worth it! We don't have to be paranoid and keep our kids under our arms every minute of the day, I am just one of the lucky ones that my "just a minute" has never ended in tragedy. I hope her story will help each of us to love our kids a little more and hug them just a little longer.



No comments: