Sunday, February 7, 2010

Great day!

Today Austin was set apart as the 2nd counselor in his deacons quorum. As I sat waiting for his turn, I reflected on the Sunday he was ordained, and actually realized that I had not blogged about it yet and what a great opportunity it would be to do it today. It was a great day when my 1st son was ordained to the office of the Aaronic priesthood. I remember thinking that this would be the 1st of many great days in our lives with our boys. Many priesthood ordinations, callings, responsibilities, all would open a new chapter in our lives and bring great blessings to our family. Today I sat and thought how incredibly grateful I am for my boys. I always want to have a boy first and was so thrilled when we started out with 3!! I am so blessed that I get to see the priesthood through the eyes of my boys. I think every time things in my life change I learn more and appreciate more the amazing things that come hand in hand with the priesthood. First as a girl, experiencing Fathers blessings whenever I needed, watching my Dad in his callings. Then as a wife, having a husband to give me blessings, take me to the temple, serve in callings and participate in several amazing priesthood callings. Now as a mother, to watch my boys learn about it, embrace it, and take it into their own lives. I was overcome with gratitude that my family will not only be blessed for and by the priesthood that my husband holds, but I have 5 boys that will bring blessings into our family through their own priesthood. What an amazing blessing!!!
(looking for the pictures from his ordination)

No comments: