Sunday, February 14, 2010

My blog, I can do what I want

Sweet baby sleeping!
Ok, Devin was really confused when he looked at this, hopefully it's bc he is medicated. The incision goes from his side UP his back towards the middle of his shoulder blades. UGH! It is a LOT bigger than I thought it was going to be!

I'm sure some people will think this is awful to post on a blog, but it's mine, and I'll do it if I want :). Friday night was a VERY long night. I stayed at the hospital which was exausting! Devin moaned for hours and hours and hours. Some because of the pain, but I think mostly because he is so drugged up he didn't even know he was doing it. Finally about 1:00 I had to go lay down in the waiting room and get away from it for a little bit. I slept till about 3:00 then went back to check on him. He kept saying that it hurt so bad, which I don't doubt for one second that he is in a lot of pain, BUT I think his pain was so out of control before he got knocked out Tuesday night that he has so much anxiety about being in pain that he says he is in pain. He is on so much meds.....I'm SURE he isn't comfortable, but I know he is ok bc if he wasn't he couldn't fall asleep in the middle of a sentance. :) The worst is that he is so afraid of the pain getting out of control that he won't sleep bc he is scared that he will fall asleep for a long time and no one will push his button....he isn't getting it that he has a continuous drip going wether the button gets pushed or not. I stayed in the room till about 6 then headed back to the waiting room, where I slept till 9:00. When I went back, there was NO moaning!!! Oh thank goodness...I didn't know how much longer I could take it! He was resting comfortably finally!! The day went much better than the night had. He rested for shorts amounts of time, still being afraid to be asleep for too long. He is pretty loopy so he says really funny stuff, or random stuff, so at least he is entertaining. He probably doesn't appreciate it that everyone that comes to visit I tell them to watch him try and push his button because it is so funny to watch him try and find it. Sometimes takes 5 min, even though he is looking right at it! LOL. I'm just so happy he is awake and talking and on the right path to recovery. They told him he could have ice chips every once in a while, just afew, so he is SO happy! He has been so thirsty and begging for any relief, this makes it just a little eaiser for him.


2 comments:

Cassie Jae said...

poor Dev! :[

Kathy said...

Bless your heart. This must be really hard for you and your family. I hope you will remember to take care of yourself....get some rest. I am thinking about you lots!