Friday, October 5, 2007

Funny girls!

I just put this picture on here cuz I think it's cute. Here is my funny for the day. Liberty came across my Pottery Barn Kids magazine and there is a really cute baby on the front. So this was the conversation that followed.
"Ohhh, what a cute baby! Could we go buy this baby?" (well duh--it is on the cover of a catalog!)
"um, where would buy that baby Libs?"
"At the store"
"What store sells babies?"
"Um, the one by the boys school. (yeah, there is no store by the boys school--maybe she knows about some secret baby selling ring!) I will show you yesterday (today) when we go pick them up."
"So can we go buy this baby?" Liberty asked again
"no, we'll just have to wait for ours"
"why, I really want to go get this baby"
"um, cuz I don't have the money to buy that baby"
"yes you do, you have lots of money in your pockets!"
Wow---the things kids say to keep us laughing! Here is a funny from 2 weeks ago w/Emmy that I forgot to wright about. I couldn't find her dance clothes one morning so the next best thing I could find was a tank top & short set that I bought for her to wear over her swimsuit. I told her that was all I could find so she had to wear it. She came into the bathroom afew min. later sobbing (with the clothes on) I asked her why she was crying and she told me b/c she didn't want to wear that b/c it wasn't modest. I said, "Emmy, your dance clothes don't have sleeves on them either. It's ok, just for dance...that's all I can find" To make a long story short, the crying didn't stop until I found a shirt for her to wear underneath the tank. It was really cute and I thought, "at least there are some things I do right I guess"

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

they are so funny! that would be easier to buy then get fat! They are worth it though!

See it Try it Love it said...

That is so sweet that she wants to buy a baby, it is a good thing you have such a big family. How great that your kids already know about modesty, I guess that is one good thing about having just boys. I do still hope I will get a girl one day,though.