Monday, October 22, 2007

My funny for the day



(this is a picture of an Emmy meltdown 2 years ago, after we had been at Disneyland for 5 min.) So I always say it's the funny moments in life that keep us going and yesterday was one of those! We were trying to get the kids ready for church and Emmy was having a melt down (anyone with girls, I'm sure you have NO idea what I am talking about!!) because we wouldn't let her take a bath with Hunter and Mason; trying to explain to her that they are getting to big to take baths together. We kept going round and round with the weeping and wailing "but...I...want...to...take....a...bath...with....the....boys!" (your laughing b/c you can hear exactly what it sounds like huh!) So after about 10 min. of this and threatening to stick her on the front porch and let her cry outside; she contained herself long enough to say, "but YOU get to get in the shower with Dad!" Devin & I were laughing our heads off so all I could say was "you have a very good point Emmy" I guess I didn't feel like telling her "well when you grow up and get married THEN you can take showers with boys!" ha! ha! I love it when they make me laugh!!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Emmy's great. I guess it must have been at your parents' house a couple weeks ago, I was sitting on the couch and she climbed up on me, put her arms around my neck, and cuddled in for 5 minutes. I loved her so much right then, and I thought, "If I could learn to deal with Kristina's kids, then I can learn to deal with nursery."

I mean that in a good way.

The Richins Family said...

oh that's hilarious! i totally understand. i will have to try that technique with brookie next time she has her melt down.-love that part about you taking a shower with devin. hahaha

Hollie said...

Yes I have made it to almost 3 years! There is light at the end of the tunnel! What am I talking about??? You have made it 10 years with a kid every other year!! :) You are my HERO!! I don't see how you can keep on going??! YOU ROCK!

See it Try it Love it said...

That is classic, good to see she is paying attention. Hopefully that is the only thing she has noticed.