Saturday, October 20, 2007

The hubby Tag


(this isn't my favorite picture, but I don't really have a ton of pics. of just the two of us) Ok, so my sister "tagged" me so here are the questions about my sweetheart.

Where did you meet your husband?
Across the street at his sisters house when I was 11 and he was 16. I was pretty much her live in slave/babysitter/housekeeper, so I saw him a lot when he would stop by her house. Then in 04' (I think) he broke his hip playing basketball and moved in with her so she could take care of him for 3 months. JACKPOT!!

Where was your 1st date?
The IMAX with his best friend Brady Eaves and his fiance Melissa.

Where was your first kiss?
Outside of his sisters house when I was visiting Mesa (I was 17 and he was 21) He says that I was a bit aggressive, but I don't remember any such thing!!! But he is definately the one that went in for the kiss.

How long did you date?
Actual dating was 1 year (um, pretty much engaged that whole time) Come on, we already knew each other for 6 years!!

When and Where did you get married?
Mesa AZ Temple June 19th 1996. It was hotter than ****!!! But I didn't care b/c I was finally married to my best friend and sweetheart! (our families sure didn't like the hot weather-sorry!)

How did the reception go?
Amazing!! Devin had done trade work with the Wright House reception hall so we had it there and it was beautiful! Kind of started late b/c I had to have help redoing my hair. hehe :) Never got to try any of the food so that was a bummer. But his best friend Randy ordered us a pizza and left it in the back seat of our car for when we left...it was the best.

How was the honeymoon?
Being with Devin was great, I think we could have been anywhere and been on cloud 9; but looking back we sure wish we would have gone somewhere besides California--LAME! It was fun to get yummy strawberry cheesecake from Denny's and stay up late eating pie!

I seriously am married to my best friend and the best husband anyone could ever ask for! I am so lucky that things turned out the way they did and that he chose me! :)
Now I tag...Kristal, Kristine, Jaque, Cristy, Linae, & Hollie (I don't know a thing about your hubbies or how you met!!) And anyone else who wants to do it....it is really fun to find out info about each other before we all became mommies!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Hey girl...when the question asked when and where you got married...you said in the year 2006! I know you probably meant 1996 right?? I remember when I was over at Scott's house and you brought over your engagement and wedding pics! I couldn't believe you married so young at the time! And then a year later I did the same thing! :) Things happen when they are suppose to huh!? When you know...you know!!