Wednesday, October 24, 2007

John & Kate plus 8

This is one of my MOST favorite shows on TV. Any parent would enjoy this show, and especially moms with multiples!! It's on TLC Monday nights @ 9:00. They have twin 7 year olds and sextuplets that are three! INCREDIBLE!! So I saw an old episode last week and she was talking a lot about how important nutrition is to her and shared a secret about how she hides veggies in her food. So last night I tried it...to my complete AMAZEMENT my family chowed down on my meatloaf that unknown to them (even Devin, cuz he can be as bad as the kids!) was loaded with pureed carrots and bell peppers! I couldn't believe it! You can't even tell it's in there. Then this














morning I remembered that my friend Erica posted about a new book out by Jessica Seinfeld (wife of funny man Jerry Seinfeld) called Deceptively Delicious. The book is full of yummy recipes, for things like brownies, mac & cheese, chicken nuggets...and so on, with all sorts of hidden veggies like spinach, carrots, squash & beets. I can't wait to order it b/c after my successful meatloaf last night I am so excited to try it. My kids are the worst when it comes to veggies....unless its corn or green beans you can pretty much forget it! You can check out her website http://www.deceptivelydelicious.com/ and don't forget to watch John & Kate plus 8....shes my idol!!

4 comments:

Sar said...

Can't wait to try those recipes. You'll have to post them when you get the book and try them! Like you have the time! You're amazing! I've seen a couple episodes of that show! Crazy! Can't even imagine!

See it Try it Love it said...

Hey I love that the book, I don't have it yet either but have already started pureeing my own vegetables as baby food and adding them to foods. Thanks for letting me know you can help with Enrichment. You need to come jogging on MWF at Quintana Hills Park, it is so much fun.

Amber and Co. said...

I watched the Oprah episode with Jessica Seinfeld and I totally want that book!!! I'm asking for it for Christmas, but I really feel like I can't wait! I need to get a steamer first, and then I'll be set to go! I'm glad your meatloaf was a sucess. I can't wait to try Jessica's brownies, chicken nuggets, chocolate cake, well, pretty much everything!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! My friend just emailed me about your show! I just released a book and activity kit called "The Restaurant Rescue Kit & Guide" which helps parents have a wonderful dining experience WITH their children. I had a very hard time with mine and that's how this book was born! Dr. Laura loved it and is putting it on her giveaway program on June 9th. My friend loves your show and suggested I email you and perhaps send you a copy of the book. If you like it and find it helpful when you are out and about, perhaps we can swap links. www.RestaurantRescueKits.com. I would love you to try it out and let me know if it was helpful in any way. Thank you for listening and I will now be looking up your TV show!