Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Need Halloween Help!!





I still haven't figured out how to make these look the way I want, sorry. So I NEED HELP!! I have been making my kids Halloween costumes for the past 6 years and as frustrated as I get every year and SWEAR I'm never going to do it again.....when they all get ready and look so stinkin' cute, I remember why I love it so much. This was last year....the twins were a bee and a flower, the boys were hippies and girls, go go dancers--modest ones :). I usually try to do a theme so we all somewhat match and I am just stuck this year! So I need some ideas! I have had several suggestions of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs, but I'm thinking I probably won't be able to get Austin & Hunter into a Dwarf costume...and I like my girls to look a little more girly than a boy Dwarf. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thought about doing a family of superheros, but still want to explore my options. Hurry! I promised myself I would decide by tomorrow night so I can get going--every year my goal is to NOT being sewing on Halloween, but I have yet to meet that goal!

8 comments:

Crystal said...

As I remember it, SOMEone was bragging, about two weeks ago, about how she had the rocking-est costumes planned for this year. Kristina, was that you???

Sar said...

Have I ever told you that you're super mom? I know everyone tells you that all the time, but I just thought I would re-itterate it. Is that a word? It's just when I remember these type of things that you do, I realize that you really ARE super mom! I can't even do that with 2 kids!!! I definitely think you guys should be super heros. I think Devin would look AWESOME in spandex!!! It'd be his favorite Halloween EVER! But I havn't put enough thought into it yet. . . I'll get back to you with more ideas.

Sar said...

How 'bout Santa, Mrs. Clause, and elves, or toys or Christmas tree, or light bulbs etc... That way the pictures can double for Christmas card pics.

Heather said...

OMG! Saralyn is a genius! I LOVE that idea! A Christmas theme would be super cute! I also really like the superhero idea too! What about M&Ms? You could each be a different color and make some shaped like the peanut and some like the plain??? Or, what about a King, Queen, Princesses,and Knights so the older boys could have swords and shields or something! Thats all I have, good luck! You'll have to post a poll on the blog once you decide what the contenders are!

Amber and Co. said...

I'm thinking that you should be a band of pirates. Devin would look awesome as a pirate, and you could be his pirate wifey. I think the older boys would like being a pirate too! It wouldn't be hard to put the costumes together, either. Maybe have the twins covered in treasure or be baby pirates?

Another idea is doing all the characters from a movie, like the Wizard of Oz. Plenty of characters from that movie. The twins could be the munschkins, the boys could be whatever they thought was cool. Devin could be the great and powerful oz, lol.

Whaddya think? :)

Sar said...

I love the pirate idea. I was going to mention it too. Court, Amie and their kids were pirates last year. It was super cute. Then they took a picture and used it for Christmas. Their card said Yo Ho Ho. Merry Christmas. Cute idea!! I'm all about doubling up. If you're going to go to so much work to make costumes, you might as well make sure everyone see's a picture of it!

Lyle and Jaime said...

Okay, so i'm a little late on the whole halloween ideas for you but they all mentioned what I thought of. My favorite idea though is a crew of Pirates! I know you are making the costumes but there are tons of pirate costumes online that you could get ideas from. All the way down to babies.

Amber and Co. said...

Let's do a poll!! :)